Church School Mission
Emmaus is a organisation based on Christian principals, values and aims. Serving two Church of England primary schools we use the following phrase to encapsulate our Christian mission...
"In our school we recognise the development of the individual's personal spiritual development to be at least as important as their academic or physical development. As a school it is our job to provide opportunities for this understanding to be nurtured and at times challenged".
Collective Worship times, 588Kb
Aims and Values. 45Kb
Every term the school seeks to support at least one charity through fundraising.
In the past these have included
- The Children’s Society (joint appeal with village Church)
- WaterAid (joint appeal with village Church)
- Repairs to St Mary’s Chancel Roof (joint appeal with village Church)
- NSPCC / Childline
- The British Legion
- Children in Need
- Comic Relief
Our current chosen Charity is Barnado’s
The school has the following learning aims:
- To become successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and
- To become confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and
- To become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
In addition to these national aims the school also has the following three specific
- For children to experience, recognise and come to reflect the love of God in all
that they do and say
- For children to recognise that they live in a diverse multicultural society
within a global setting.
- For children to recognise that their choice of action affects God's world both
now and for future generations - learning to develop life long habits of